Updated on Monday (12/17) morning, below are 8 slides covering (click on any slide for larger version):

1. Voting results: 57% said YES in Round 1
2. Projections for Round 2: Expected 30% turnout with 64% YES vote - yielding overall result, across both rounds, at 60% YES
3. Participation Rates: 32% in Round 1 - pretty low
4. Detailed/underlying data (any corrections welcome)

1. Voting Results

The voting results are compiled from the Ikhwan website (given their accuracy in presidential elections, I will use their voting data for now).  The registered voters for this referendum comes from Egypt Independent.  All other data comes from previous analyses that can be found sourced elsewhere on the website.
Egypt Referendum Voting Results Morsi
Picture
Egypt Referendum Voting Results Morsi

2. Projections for Round 2 (and more detailed results)

The below is my humble attempt at just making projections based on historic data so it obviously does not isolate certain factors that may have existed during one election vs another - more importantly, it does not factor any effects that may have taken place since the presidential elections through today and/or any effects that on the ground campaigning may have over the coming week.

It really does not entail much more than taking data and extrapolating it so take it at face value but it is interesting in either of two cases:

1. If it is right: Then we are starting to see some voting trends across governorates and parties can begin to capitalize on this and target campaigns.  Or, I just got lucky and it was some other factors/data/variables.

2. If it is wrong: Then we see deviations in Egypt's voting across the elections and it illustrates changing tendencies and fluid loyalties.  Or, my methodology/analysis was flawed.

The biggest caveat of all the analysis on this website (thus far at least) is that it is based on governorates level data and results.  For example, in Cairo there are 43 marakiz which would allow for a much more granular analysis.

Egypt Referendum Voting Results Morsi

Egypt Referendum Voting Results Morsi Projections Round 2

Egypt Referendum Voting Results Morsi

3. Participation Rates

Egypt Referendum Voting Results Morsi Participation Rates
Egypt Referendum Voting Results Morsi Participation Rates

4. Detailed/underling data

Egypt Referendum Voting Results Morsi
Slide 3: For governorates that have not yet voted, registered voter count is based on Rnd2 of presidential elections.  For governorates that have voted already, Ahram published an atricle which had their updated registerd voter count.

Slide 8: The March 2011 referendum registered voter count is based on the parliamentary election data I found on the elections.eg website. I have not been able to find registered voters for the Mar-11 referendum, and have been told there isn't one but please let me know if you have it.

Comments

12/17/2012 06:04

The question you ask, 'is it all about the local?' is very important. If the local interest is the determining factor how does it explain A) decent referendum '11 turnout, and B) relatively good turnout for presidential elections C) different participation rates in the two rounds. I need polling data on attitudes to back this up, but what I've been suggesting is a 'competition effect' is responsible and your information here seems to support it. Competition in the presidential elections and the parliamentary elections was quite high, and correspondingly the turnout was high. My question then is, how has round one affected the attitudes of voters in round two? Does the ten-point gap created by round one make voters in the remaining governorates think competition is higher or lower? Yesterday I had guessed voters would see the Yes votes success on Saturday as having secured a margin guaranteeing adoption of the constitution, in turn decreasing competition, and lowering turnout below 32% which is sort of a base for two, but in itself an indicator of the entire atmosphere surrounding the vote. A lower than 32% turnout would seem to indicate to me the competition is in play. But it is obviously in contradiction to your prediction of higher turnout at 36%, however, if you're right and the natural state of turnout was always going to be higher in round two than one, but competition is seen as being decreased by round one, then perhaps we'll land right back around 32% for round two governorates.

What would be helpful is if half the round two governorates could vote first, and vice-versa, in the next election so we could compare turnout before/after with the other half acting as a control group. This would help us decide if the competition effect was driving participation up or down. Here's the post I wrote yesterday. Thanks for your work. -Troy http://troycarter.me/2012/12/16/why-many-meh-during-constitutional-referendum-in-egypt/

12/18/2012 12:25

So what we see in Round One, and maybe carried through Round Two, is a 234-article Constitution, pushed through in three weeks, approved by 18% of the population . . . .

Which provides a rather better foundation for a crisis of legitimacy than of a government.

11/17/2013 01:55

According to Minton (as paraphrased by a following comments on the decision): “if he does not like it here, let him go back where he came from.”

11/21/2013 06:02

They had satisfied the United states Desire after the most disastrous war our globe ever experienced. Creation Y, I was recommended, had to do more. But I often considered, what exactly is better than satisfying the United states Dream.

11/25/2013 06:05

Thanks for nice done :)

11/26/2013 07:07

Faculty contwent 1. It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content of a page when looking at its layout. The point of using

12/12/2013 22:01

Hm. Are you sure? Is it proven information or just speculation?

Really awesome material, thank you for providing it.

12/12/2013 22:03

You are inspiring writer. Thank you for it very much.

12/12/2013 22:06

Interesting infographics and point of view. Thank you.

12/12/2013 22:07

Nice and informative, great article.

I wish there were more such great articles.

12/16/2013 20:44

Exceptional post however I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thank you!

I like what you guys tend to be up too. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the excellent works guys I've included you guys to my personal blogroll.

12/18/2013 23:06

thank you for the great information you provide. you have done great job on the articles.

12/19/2013 02:53

12/28/2013 06:35

12/29/2013 21:24

What an interesting opinion you have! I wish I could say as clever things as you do.

01/06/2014 06:51

I enjoyed reading this article, it was really awesome. I hope that you will write second part of it.

01/14/2014 02:18

It might not be what first comes to mind when you think of sexual and reproductive health, but Pathfinder’s work is multi-faceted in its support of global public health

01/19/2014 09:54

Outstanding article I like your current article adore the method that you explained everything, you are carrying out a fantastic task most of others as you through that style of educational blogs produce attention to you in connection with many things. My spouse and i study a few other intriguing blogs from a sites and also I will be a lot serious using your blogs abilities, I in addition did start to generate information sites and this also sort websites genuinely assist myself out. We already book-marked ones site in addition to propagated the internet websites to help the fellow workers not merely me personally nevertheless all of them similar to ones blogging abilities, wish people create far more exciting weblogs similar to this just one and also best of luck for the upcoming weblogs.

01/30/2014 13:41

Great ! Your post is not only interesting but informative too! Cheers

Myself, the organiser, and my right hand girl, local and translator Isha turned up first with our ‘No Pants’ sign and immediately were approached by about 6 men who asked

03/07/2014 04:14

hope everything is good as what you say, good luck

03/07/2014 04:16

That's what I always see it coming from you because it was so helpful to me, thanks

03/07/2014 04:18

I will share the great things that you bring to everyone, good luck

03/07/2014 04:22

will no longer something better is the information that you provide, thanks

04/09/2014 23:19

Very Useful information, this is both good reading for, have quite a few good key points and I learn some new stuff from it too.

04/12/2014 13:39